This is a call for papers for the RGS-IBG Postgraduate Forum Mid-term Conference
The conference will be hosted on the 25th and 26th March 2013, in the School of Geography, University of Birmingham. We are delighted to announce that Professor Alice Roberts (Professor of Public Engagement in Science and presenter of BBC2’s Coast and the Incredible Human Journey) will be this years’ key note speaker.
The theme of the conference is ‘Geographical Transitions’. This theme is designed to appeal to postgraduates at any stage of their degree working in or on geographical themes, from both the physical and human domains of geography, and to all related disciplines. The aim of the conference is to provide a welcoming, relaxed and supportive environment for postgraduates to present any aspect of their research to their peers. Papers with any theme on any topic within geography or a related discipline are therefore invited. Papers could consider:
- How postgraduate research is forging new ground in geographical knowledge;
- How challenges within contemporary society are transforming the discipline and postgraduate research;
- How postgraduates are developing new and innovative methodologies to meet these challenges;
- How postgraduates are diversifying the ways in which their research has impact beyond the academy;
- How postgraduates can learn from previous debates to equip our understandings of current and future geographies.
The conference will also deliver several interactive workshops covering a range of geographical topics as well as training in methodological approaches from the schools very own ‘Start2Finish’ research group.
For details on submitting an abstract for a paper or poster please download the Call for Papers. The deadline for paper and poster abstract submissions is 12pm 4th January 2013.
We look forward to seeing you at this exciting event!
RGS-IBG PG Mid Term Conference 2013 Organising Committee