RGS-IBG Grants: www.rgs.org/Grants
Postgraduate Grants (closing date for all applications 23 November)
- The Hong Kong Research Grant – for PhD students undertaking geographical fieldwork in the Greater China Region. A £2,500 award supported through the Society’s Hong Kong branch.
- RGS-IBG Postgraduate Research Award – for PhD students undertaking fieldwork/data collection. Six awards of £2,000 each are offered to help individual students establish themselves in their particular field.
- Geographical Club Award – two grants of £1,000 to support Masters/PhD students undertaking geographical fieldwork or data collection anywhere in the world (in association with The Geographical Club).
Research Grants (closing dates towards end of November)
· The Ralph Brown Expedition Award – a single annual award of £12,500 offered to the leader of an expedition working in an aquatic environment. Applicants must be Fellows or members of the Society. Deadline 23 November.
· The Thesiger-Oman International Fellowship offers an annual award of £8,000 for geographical research in the physical or human dimensions of arid and semi-arid environments. Deadline 23 November.
· The Field Centre Grant is an annual award of £5,000 to support field research at international field centres, preferably in some of the world’s poorest countries. Deadline 30 November.