This year we have 26 bursaries available of £55 each to cover the registration fee cost of the conference. These are sponsored by (but not restricted in topic to) the following RGS research groups:
- Economic Geography Research Group (EGRG)
- Energy Geographies Research Group (EnGRG)
- Geographies of Leisure and Tourism Research Group (GLTRG)
- Historical Geography Research Group (HGRG)
- Participatory Geographies Research Group (PyGyRG)
- Planning and Environmental Research Group (PERG)
- Political Geography Research Group (PolGRG)
- Rural Geography Research Group (RGRG)
- Social and Cultural Geography Research Group (SCGRG)
- Transport Geography Research Group (TGRG)
- Urban Geography Research Group (UGRG)
Priority will be given to those students who are self-funded and/or whose funding package does not include provision for conference fees. Third year students whose funds have run out will also be considered.
If you would like to apply please use the subject heading “2017 RGS Postgraduate Mid-Term Bursaries” and provide a short statement (no more than 300 words) on the relevance of the postgraduate conference to your research, and the reasons why you require a bursary to attend, including your current funding status. Please also indicate which RGS research group you best identify your research as being within, if applicable.
Deadline: 17th March