We are currently seeking abstracts for this one-day workshop, which will take place on the 13th of March 2013 at the Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers) (RGS-IBG) in London. The event is being organised under the auspices of the InTreAct (Investigating REsidential and business energy consumption via student-led ACTion research) project. It is funded by the Higher Education Academy, with support from the Energy Geographies Working Group of the RGS-IBG.
The aim of the workshop is to build research capacity and provide a platform for interdisciplinary knowledge exchange, by bringing together higher education teachers who wish to share and improve their pedagogical practices in the geography, earth, and environmental sciences (GEES) domain. Paper topics can include, but are not limited to:
– Methods and techniques for active, problem-based and/or collaborative energy teaching in GEES disciplines;
– Using students as partners in GEES energy learning projects (via student-led activities and placements);
– The demand for learning energy-related issues in GEES;
– Developing innovative energy syllabi in GEES;
– Novel technologies for energy teaching in GEES (comparative opportunities, problems and strengths).
Paper abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent to Dr Saska Petrova (email@example.com) no later than the 20th of February 2013. Limited travel bursaries will be available. Please indicate your interest in them when sending your abstract.